This post is coming 2 days after my award so you’ll think I’m still basking in that moment. Yes, thank you for the award! I won’t deny that but this is something much more than just being thankful for that. This is repentance and appreciation rolled into one post. It is a reminder that the long wait is worth it and you finally say “Thank you God for the breakthrough!” Sometimes my trials seem long like winter nights and I long for a confirmation from God that He is near me. Or that He hears what I say in my prayers. I magnify my problems but I refuse to magnify Him.
- But could I really begin to imagine what it feels like living in the streets with no privacy or warmth?
- How many times have I really said “God I thank you for my apartment”? Others don’t have that autonomy to choose where they live. That I have a place to retire to at night is a luxury, no matter how small.
- Does it matter that the tag on my shoes say Forever 21 instead of Jimmy Choo? Or that my shoes don’t have high heels? (By the way high heels are terrible…whoever invented them please question his/her intent).
- Does it matter that I drive a car that is over 10yrs old?
- Does it matter that my friends have cooler possessions than I have?
I got a lot of things going well for me only if I step back to look closely.
- I’ve got a great family and a close network of friends who have my back.
- I wake up every morning with my all senses intact. My cognition hasn’t left me.
- I’m the clumsiest person in the kitchen but I’ve never had an accident with knives, oil, or slippery floors.
- I prioritize other things in my life but the Lord is quick to answer me in my days of trouble.
- I refuse to praise Him for the little blessings every second. Yet He looks over me fondly.
- I praise Him when I see results instead of because of His goodness. Yet His mercies endures forever.
- I have refused to seek first the kingdom of God. Yet He still calls me his daughter.
- I am a thorn in His flesh. Yet he still loves me. How shameful to realize how unconditional his love is when all I’ve done is continually take from him AND grumble!
But I have learned from my mistakes. It has taken perseverance and maturity to finally be where I am. The things that I long for won’t come through my talent, charm, wit, or sex appeal. It will come through obedience. You see, “To give anything less than my best is to sacrifice my gift”. It’s all about my utmost for the most High.
These things I’m thankful for might seem minute to you but it doesn’t to me. Things have changed. My endless desires for worldly possessions have masked my purpose in life but now my desire is just to be closer with Him. All I want is just to be closer with Him. It’s like falling in love with Jesus all over again. How do I tell you I love you without messing up? Gosh I’m human but how I love you! Seriously I’m literally running back to you. It’s taken me this long to finally declare my feelings to you…to sincerely say Lord I thank you with all of my heart! Thank you for being there for me every step of the way.
I’m counting my blessings, and will continue to count them.